High Quality Silica Sand/Quartz Sand
It was got from the broken and ground Silica Stone/Quartz Stone. Quartz sand is an important industrial mineral raw material, non hazardous chemicals, widely used in glass, casting, ceramics and refractories, smelting ferrosilicon, metallurgical flux, metallurgy, construction, chemical, plastic, rubber, abrasive and other industries. The motor, train transportation, water transportation.
1. Glass Industry.
2. Machinery casting sand, grinding materials .
3. Construction: concrete, cementitious materials, construction materials, artificial marble, test material physical properties of cement (cement standard sand).
4. Ceramic and Refractory material.
5. Plastic & Rubber.
7. Metallurgical silicon metal, ferrosilicon alloy and silicon Aluminum Alloy.
9. Golf Course/Bunker sand
Color: White and Brown
Size: All sizes available as per customer requirements
Sand filters are used to treat drinking water in many developed and well as developing countries and they work by using a complex biological film that grows naturally on the surface of the sand. The sand itself does not perform any filtration function but acts as a substrate. However the grading of the sand in filter beds is the most crucial element of any filter plant, which will determine the functionality and longevity of the plant. They are often the preferred technology in many developing countries because of their low energy requirements and robust performance.
Following are some of standard ranges of Filter Media Sand we are generally producing:
|No.||Size (mm)||Effective Size (mm)||Hydraulic Size (mm)|
|1||0.425 – 0.85||0.44 – 0.54||0.522 – 0.64|
|2||0.50 – 1.00||0.522 – 0.64||0.62 – 0.76|
|3||0.60 – 1.18||0.62 – 0.76||0.73 – 0.89|
|4||0.71 – 1.40||0.73 – 0.89||0.87 – 1.07|
|5||0.85 – 1.70||0.87 – 1.07||1.03 – 1.254|
|6||1.00 – 2.00||1.03 – 1.254||1.224 – 1.50|
|7||1.18 – 2.36||1.25 – 1.55||1.50 – 1.78|
|8||1.40 – 2.80||1.40 – 1.705||1.62 – 1.98|
- The material is 100 % Silica Quartz with very minor impurities.
- The specific gravity is higher than required i.e. 2.63 as against 2.5 required.
- Higher weight does not allow the sand to be washed away during back washing.
- Hardness coefficient is around 7.5 as compared to the requirement of 4.5, which prevents abrasion during the back washing process, and this will prevent change.
- The shape of particle is cubical which makes is more efficient for filtration due to better interlocking process.
- The grading of material is very consistent and lies in the middle of the range allowed as per specifications.
We have the capability to produce and supply any grading according to the project’s unique filtration requirement. In the past we have produced sand and gravel with varying grading for several different projects.