Gravel Silica/Crush stone/Quartz Pea Gravel/Filtration media
River gravel is locally sourced and a beautifully smooth rounded multi natural coloured stone. They are a perfect blend with just about everything in your garden, making them a popular choice for driveways, pedestrian pathways, gardens, courtyards, as an in-organic mulch, top of pot and planter box decoration or any design feature requiring a product of natural beauty. They look beautiful wet or dry. Gravel can also be used for exposed aggregate applications; mortar and concrete mixes. For pedestrian pathways this smaller 10mm grade is preferred by many as this provides a more stable footing to walk on.
Filter Gravel is an extremely effective filter media because of its ability to hold back precipitates containing impurities. Filter sand size, angularity and hardness are the important filter sand characteristics to ensure proper filtering. Products meet or exceed the NSF/ANSI Standard 61 for Drinking Water System Components, as well as AWWA Standard B100-01.
Sand filters are used to treat drinking water in many developed and well as developing countries and they work by using a complex biological film that grows naturally on the surface of the sand. The sand itself does not perform any filtration function but acts as a substrate. However the grading of the sand in filter beds is the most crucial element of any filter plant, which will determine the functionality and longevity of the plant. They are often the preferred technology in many developing countries because of their low energy requirements and robust performance.
Following are some of standard ranges of Filter Gravel we are generally producing:
|1||2.00 – 3.50|
|2||3.50 – 7.00|
|3||6.70 – 13.20|
|4||13.20 – 20.0|
- The material is 100 % Silica Quartz with very minor impurities.
- The specific gravity is higher than required i.e. 2.63 as against 2.5 required.
- Higher weight does not allow the sand to be washed away during back washing.
- Hardness coefficient is around 7.5 as compared to the requirement of 4.5, which prevents abrasion during the back washing process, and this will prevent change.
- The shape of particle is cubical which makes is more efficient for filtration due to better interlocking process.
- The grading of material is very consistent and lies in the middle of the range allowed as per specifications.
We have the capability to produce and supply any grading according to the project’s unique filtration requirement. In the past we have produced sand and gravel with varying grading for several different projects.